Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cheese Ums

Cheese ums

Long ago you could buy Cheese Ums Pringles , you know those fancy chips that come in a cylinder all stacked on top of each other. Then for some reason they stopped importing just one flavour - Cheese Ums , the ones in the orange pack , why on earth they did this I will never know ( unless I mail them I spose ) , years passed and I missed my cheesy friends immensely , sometimes I would try the red packet or the green one in a vain hope they just changed the packaging but alas Cheese Ums were gone......
Then came the age of the internet and I discovered that Cheese Ums still existed in the real world , it's just that they weren't making to our shores.
Often I would get confused and ask myself " why why why ? " while wandering aimlessly in the snack foods isle at Coles in Woy Woy , surely this was a cruel and unusual form of punishment
A couple of week back I was in one of those cheap arse stores that sell cheap arse crap for 2 dollars , some of these stores also sell out of date or damaged food stock.
Then like a beacon I noticed a familiar shade of orange ......could it be ? yes like an Indiana Jones Lost Treasure there they were - a whole shelf full of Cheese Um Pringles
Trembling , I examined the container , for I would not be fooled again and get stuck with some weird ass Pringles flavour , the wording was in some kind of Asian language , I scanned the store for an Asian person to translate the text for me ..... no luck there.
Surely the orange colour was a standard Pringles colour that bounded all languages and denoted that cheesy heaven lay inside , I bit the bullet and decided that 1 dollar would be have to be invested in my search for the truth.
Later that night I opened the can of Pringles and was soon swimming in a familiar euphoria of cheese laden delight that I had not experienced since the mid 90's - nirvana at last !
I have decided to keep the location of such Pringles secret from those who would buy up all of my favourite fare , so just sit there and drool at the supplied photo - you ain't gettin buckelys out of me !

2 comments:

  1. can u secretly tell me where to find that japanese CHEESE UMS please....
    I m in brisbane... I wont drive all the way to NSW to get it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not with this pic you weren't. It's even in English on the front, too, FRENCH CONSOMME.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment may be used as site content , think before you post :)